Let me just tell you this frozen hot chocolate is amazing. I didn’t follow any recipe and just experimented with the ingredients but it came out tasting great! I love a classic hot chocolate as much as the next person but sometimes, when you live in Texas and it’s 75° in December, you crave a frozen hot chocolate! You can make this not vegan of course by just subbing those ingredients with the versions that have dairy in them.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Hazelnut spread (organic)
- Almond milk
- Cocoa powder (organic)
- Peanut butter coconut cookies (organic)
- Coconut whip cream
- Candy canes
- Powdered Sugar
- Decor: Santa hats/Straws
Steps (serves 1-2)
- Blend a cup of ice, a cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of cocoa, 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, 1/2 a tablespoon of powdered sugar, and a few peanut butter cookies.
- Pour the frozen vegan hot chocolate mixture into your cups.
- Melt the hazelnut spread and pour it into a Ziploc bag corner so that you can make the Ziploc bag into a mini cone, cut the edge very slightly, and use to drizzle on top.
- Top the frozen hot chocolate with whip cream.
- Drizzle hazelnut hazelnut spread.
- Top with chocolate chips & sprinkles.
- Garnish with candy canes, Santa hat, and straw. I picked these up from Hobby Lobby because I thought they were just too cute!
- Enjoy your frozen vegan hot chocolate!
If you make this frozen vegan hot chocolate, tag me @thehonestShruth because I LOVE seeing what y’all make or any versions of this! 🙂