This is quite possibly the easiest recipe there ever was. The best part is that this drink is always such a huge hit at dinners, parties, and get-togethers! Any time I’m feeling particularly generous, I ask my husband what he would like me to make for him most in the whole wide world, and without skipping a beat, he always says mango lassi!
Serves: 4-8 (or 1 if my husband is present)
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup pistachios without the shells
- 2 ripe mangos or a large can of mango pulp
- 1 cup yogurt (low-fat, fat-free, Greek, goat – whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Make sure the pistachios are out of their shells, then throw a handful into the blender.
- Peel the mangos and then chop them into smaller pieces. Toss the chopped mangos into the blender.
- Add 1 cup of yogurt to the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk into the blender.
- Blend, and maybe do a little dance while you’re blending.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 10+ minutes.
For a dairy-free option, remove the yogurt and milk, and add in chilled almond/soy milk instead.
So tell me, did you try this mango lassi recipe yet? If you did, let me know how it worked out for you!