Looking for some new Saturday morning breakfast recipes? Definitely try out my Moroccan pancakes recipe. Guys, if you have never made Moroccan pancakes you have seriously been missing out! Forgo the French toast and the regular pancakes. These Moroccan pancakes are crispy, delicious, and sooooo good. We had these every single day while we were in Morocco. (#noregrets) You can also make this recipe gluten-free. Check out the recipe below!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- Jar of fresh honey
- Jar of almond butter (or you can make your own beforehand if you are super awesome)
- 1 1/3 cups semolina flour (buckwheat flour for GF)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (GF flour)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup vegetable oil (olive oil for GF)
R E C I P E
- Clean a large mixing bowl and mix 2/3 cup semolina flour, all the all-purpose flour, and all the salt. Stir in the warm water, then knead until the dough is smooth. Roll it into large ball and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Split the ball into six balls and coat each ball with oil. Rest for another 15 minutes.
- On an oiled surface, flatten the balls into very thin layers.
- Brush the pieces with melted butter and vegetable oil, and sprinkle the remaining semolina on top.
- Take one of the thin pieces, and fold one side of the dough 2/3 in across. Then, fold the other side over the overlapping dough. This should make a long strip (of 3 layers) of thin dough. Fold the two ends of the dough 1/3 of the way in so that they meet in the middle. You should now have a rectangle of dough. Fold it one last time across the middle to make a perfect square. Repeat with each ball.
- Place a pan over medium heat, with a drop of oil in the middle.
- While it warms up, use your hand to softly flatten the squares into larger, thinner squares,
- Place the flattened dough onto the pan and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Cover the pancake with honey and almond butter.
- Serve hot! YUM.
So tell me, how did these turn out for you?